Random ImageNo Images
Excellent Health can be yours by making the correct choices
10 Tips to Help You Maintain Holiday Season Healthy Habits
- Don’t get too lax about your diet.
- Remember, every bit of exercise counts.
- Take some time to decompress.
- Keep your immune system strong.
- Don’t be afraid to deviate from the norm.
- Set a goal.
- Create a healthy snacking habit.
- Don’t be afraid to say no sometimes.
- If you can, exercise early each day.
- Make the most of common holiday traditions.
For more information: view Slide SHow Here
The 5 Best Health Tips
The single most common cause of bankruptcy today is getting sick. Indeed, disease can ruin your finances the way nothing else can, by hitting you with bills you cannot pay (and insurance won't cover) not to mention robbing you of your income because you cannot work.
If for no other reason, avoiding bankruptcy is why it so important to create and follow a healthy lifestyle for the rest of your life. And the best news is, it is easy to do with the following health tips! Here are 5 of the best health tips anyone can implement into their life starting today to get them on the right track toward living a healthy lifestyle:
1. Move your body. Every single day. Even if it is for 10 minutes at a time, the human body was designed to move and too many Americans do not do this. Seriously, if you can only follow one of these health tips, this is the one to follow. Contrary to what those TV advertisements lead you to think, you do not have to have a fancy gym membership to lead a healthy lifestyle. Dancing in your living room to your favorite music for 10 minutes here and there can really make a difference when done consistently. The secret is to build small segments of movement into your day rather than stressing out over not being able to get to the gym to do a "work out" for an hour. Small steps over time lead up to a long journey!
2. Healthy eating is not as hard as you might think. Simple, small changes can lead to big results in this department. Portion control is a huge factor here, as healthy eating has more to do with how much you eat at one sitting vs. what you eat. Ever notice the way cats graze throughout the day? Humans are designed to graze, too, eating small meals 6-10 times throughout the day. Doing this keeps blood sugar levels steady and minds alert and is a cornerstone of healthy eating.
3. Supplement. Even the best eaters who pride themselves on healthy eating can fall short of their daily recommendations for certain key nutrients. Adding a high quality supplement line to your daily regime is definitely one of the health tips you do not want to overlook. There are some very fine companies out there who offer consumers exceptional supplements that work. It pays to do a little research to find the best products for you. Choose carefully and the investment will pay off dividends over time as you stay well.
4. Sleep. Too many Americans complain of being tired all the time, often because they are not following tips 1-3! Seriously, a good night's sleep is dependent upon several factors including elements of healthy living like exercise, healthy eating habits, and getting proper nutrition. Also, not watching television or being on the computer right before bed can help you sleep better through the night. Instead of exposing your brain to all that light and stimulation right before lights out, read a magazine or a few pages in a book before hitting the pillow.
5. Spend time with friends. Having a social life is one of the most important elements of healthy living there is. With communities breaking down all over the place, it is more important than ever these days to know you have some key people in your life to count on when times are tough. Healthy living depends upon many factors including our primary relationships with loved ones, family, and friends. And, should times get a bit dicey, with friends you know you will make it through the rough patch. The key to making any changes toward a more healthy lifestyle is to take each of these health tips and break them down into manageable sizes. Pick one, do it until it becomes a habit, and then pick another. Lists like these are only as useful as the person actually doing what they suggest. But not doing anything at all could lead you to disaster, including bankruptcy. Take the time to start with one of these health tips today as part of your overall insurance policy against any future damage. You will be glad you did.
By Mary lou kayser
How to Stop Worrying and Live Happily – Permanent Solution
The more we chase happiness in life the less we have it. Living has become complicated and strange in modern world. With innumerable new discoveries man has surrounded himself with a vast sea of thrill and joy, but he is more worried and tensed in new world than he was a decade ago.
In various studies it has been found that more than 50% cases coming before a doctor today are related to day-to-day worries, or side-effects caused by them. Worry sucks our energy and makes a huge dent on ourIn pursuit of larger fun we ignore thejoys of daily living.
Many remember the good old days when even simple communications with friends and relatives produced large doses of good fun.
Are we really progressing, or more accurately, progressing in a right way? We must think before everything is out of our hands. If we become slave of our fate, life won't be worth-living.
Therefore the first step to stop worrying and live happily is to put a break on your hectic life. Not permanently. I am not going to scuttle your ambitious plans. Keep them in place. Forget everything for a couple of days. Relax your mind. Enter a new phase of thinking:
Medicine of Questions
Ask these questions from you:
1. Why should I get worried?
2. Am I pursuing the fun of tomorrow by erasing the joys of today?
3. Will I achieve more by worrying and ruining my health and happiness?
4. Why am I in the mad race?
5. What can I do to solve my problems?
Write the answer of each question in detail. It will free your mind from the emotional clutter. Your thinking will be clear. Bubbles of worries will start bursting.
But, it is a temporary solution to your present worries. The second phase of action will change your lifestyle and give you permanent solution.
1. Negative Energy
You must understand first that worry is a form of negative energy. If you use this energy its impact will loosen up. So dear friend, use this energy forcefully in a game, exercise or long quick walk.
2.Fun of Picnics
Due to fast pace of life people rarely go on picnics now. Keep one day in a week for outing: picnic, short travelling, visiting relatives or friends.
3. Power of a Hobby
Intentionally develop a hobby and give at least two hours to it every week. A hobby is a great relaxing tool.
4. Break the Routine
As soon as you reach home from your office or work please keep half an hour for an activity that will break your daily routine. Do something different everyday. Some examples of activities: Listen to music, try a new recipe even if you are not interested, take your spouse or children to nearby park, dance to a tune, take exercise, clean the house, shine your vehicle, do gardening, enter a neighbourhood house and gossip on various topics, call a friend for evening tea.
Now decide to act, and see your worry-habit flying in the sky for ever.
Good luck! Don't worry, be happy!